Mental Health Treatment
Substance Abuse Treatment
Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
Do you have questions?
Call our free helpline now.
Many individuals in substance abuse treatment programs in Clearwater, FL discover an underlying primary mental illness led to their addiction. At The Wave Clearwater, we uphold the belief this is often the case. As such, we treat mental health issues first and addiction second. Our substance abuse treatment programs help our clients understand how alcohol or drugs self-medicate mental issues. Our therapy teaches you how to cope without the use of drugs or alcohol. Although there are many mental health treatment programs and substance abuse treatment programs in Clearwater, Florida, The Wave Clearwater specializes in primary and secondary treatments.
How Do I Know If My Loved One Is Addicted:
As mentioned, addiction is most likely the secondary problem. However, there are some tried and true signs of addiction:
- The amount of time an individual is drunk or high increases
- Trouble remembering, understanding, and reasoning
- Unwilling to attend social functions where drugs or alcohol are not available or they show up high/drunk
- Depending on the drug of choice, sleeping too much or not enough
- Not caring about appearance or hygiene
- Lying, anger, and aggression
- Stealing to cover the cost of drugs or alcohol
- Performance at work/school becomes poor or fired from a job
What Should I Do?
Forcing someone to seek help does not work. Addiction is both physical and mental, which makes quitting easier said than done. The best thing you can do, create boundaries. Many addicts take advantage of friends and family. Thus, your loved one must know what is not acceptable. There is strength in numbers, so gather other friends or family to stage an intervention. If you decide to do this, consult a substance abuse professional for direction. Using kind, supportive words goes a long way towards reaching an addict. Have a plan worked out so your loved one can see the light at the end of the tunnel and get well-educated when searching for addiction treatment programs.
Why Should I Choose The Wave Clearwater?
There are many substance abuse treatment centers in Clearwater, Florida. So, why should you choose ours? Some advantages to choosing The Wave Clearwater substance abuse treatment programs are:
- We specialize in treating the whole person – physical, spiritual, and emotional – with a perspective not always present in this industry – individualized treatment. We know everyone is different, so we tailor care plans to the needs of each individual. Every person has a story that is unlike anyone else’s
- Our team of specialists is trained to do traditional, individual, and group therapy. In addition, their training extends to an entire menu of alternative therapies. Alternative therapies are not some crazy, unknown procedures, but rather all evidence-based. These include: Dialectical Behavior Therapy or DBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT, Trauma Therapies and Groups, Adventure-Based Counseling, Expressive Therapies, and more
- Our home-like environment feels warm and inviting. We approach all of our residents with dignity and keep all information confidential. We are one of the best substance abuse treatment programs in Florida
- Although we are concerned with treating the primary mental health issue, we pay special attention to the secondary addiction as well. We have addiction workshops, relapse prevention, and continued care planning. These classes provide not only recovery but help with maintaining a drug and alcohol-free lifestyle
The Wave Clearwater proudly is a 5-star substance abuse treatment center in Clearwater, Florida. Our reputation proceeds us. Learn more about The Wave Clearwater and call us today to get started on a substance abuse treatment program: (727) 437-7771.
The Residential Treatment Experience
When you choose residential treatment at The Wave of Clearwater, you’ll join a family of experienced clinicians genuinely caring about your recovery. You’ll reside in our relaxed and homelike facility in Clearwater enjoying a serene, spacious yard and upscale living amenities. Recovery is easier in beautiful rooms filled with comfortable furnishings. Also, round-the-clock care from our compassionate staff helps you stay focused on learning new coping behaviors that will benefit you even after discharge.
As a client at The Wave of Clearwater, you’ll join others experiencing the same issues, fighting the same battles. You’ll have peers to rely on helping you move forward toward a drug-free, healthy existence. Recovery is easier when you have support. At The Wave, we embrace healthy family ties and encourage you to pull strength from those friends and family members with your best interests at heart.
When you’re ready to explore addiction treatment centers in Florida, call The Wave of Clearwater at (727) 437-7771. Our addiction treatment programs in Clearwater, FL treat mental health disorders, substance use disorders, and dual diagnoses. We provide only the highest quality behavioral healthcare from only the most experienced and knowledgeable staff. You’ll appreciate the difference when you choose The Wave of Clearwater. Call today.